Blog Background

Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Favorite Nook

After reading a post on Adventures in Renovating, I decided to post about my favorite nook in my house. My favorite nook posted so far is Rambling Renovator's adorable nursery...mostly because I have serious baby fever right now! :) Check it out!


Rambling Renovators stated that, "I love that it will be the place where Chloe first learns about colour, texture, shape, design, art, and space." How sweet!

On to my favorite nook...I'm not sure if it can be considered a nook, but it a small space that we both spend a lot of time at! It is my "dining" space in my kitchen. It was not very large so we decided to go with a simple pub table that came with bar stools from Target. The space was definitely not my favorite at first sight....but we saw potential.


After a paint job, some new lighting, new flooring and a few accessories..our nook is starting to shape up!


I also love this little window where you could see into the Den....Lance seems to think it's perfect for me serving him while he searches the web! :) I don't mind one bit though.....most days!

I love being in the kitchen now...and let me tell you, I am NOT a cook! But I love that this is the kitchen I'm learning in. This little nook will be where we sit to eat them or throw them out! LOL Either way, we have a lot of meaningful conversations here.

If I could change anything...I think I would have passed on the free light fixture we received at Lowes and went with the smaller version of the Portfolio chandelier that we also have in our dining room.

But overall, I think I did a pretty good job and we love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers