Blog Background

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My First Picasa Photograph!

After reading some great tutorials from Funky Junk Interiors and Censastional Girl, I decided to download Picasa3. It's a pretty cool photo editing program that is easy enough for a beginner like me! And I'm only using a Canon Powershot 1200....look at the difference in this pie!



And for those of you who are interested in that sweeeet pie, here's the recipe:

Frosty Toffee Bits Pie

Ingredients: 
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits, divided (I added Butterfingers!)
1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
Directions:
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
Beat in cream until blended.
Fold in whipped topping and 1 cup toffee bits.
Spoon into crust; sprinkle with remaining toffee bits.
Cover and freeze overnight.
Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.

And trust me, if I can make it...anyone can.


5 comments:

  1. Way to go girl! I'll be doing a series on blog photography upcoming soon and will dig much deeper into Picasa as well.

    Thanks for the shoutout! Very kind of you. :)

    FJ Donna
    http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ! Looks delicious, the pie and the photo ! Thanks so much for the mention.

    :-)
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're both very welcome...thank YOU for the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete

Followers